Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hiking Yoga

Saturday morning I tried something totally new! Through groupon.com I purchased two hiking yoga classes and I decided to cash one of them in. It was a balmy morning here in Los Angeles but there was a good group of us at the Griffith Observatory ready to get moving in a new way.

We started up the mountain and took intermittent breaks to overlook beautiful vistas like these:






And do some light yoga.




Getting some exercise and fresh air was the perfect way to kick off my Saturday. I'd never done yoga outside before and I found it to be both relaxing and invigorating at the same time. This company also has a Malibu hiking yoga location so I might give that one a try next time!


When I got home I was ravenously hungry from my workout so I heated up leftovers from a new recipe I'd made the night before from vegetariantimes.com

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with celery, onion, carrot, cumin, black beans and pepperjack cheese. The flavors in this recipe were delicious and they all harmonized really well. I also had a small side salad to energize me before running some errands with my husband.

Today's Question: What new workout technique have you tried and enjoyed recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment