Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Healthy Balance

Greetings from Southern California!

I'm Sarah and this is my first foray into the blogosphere! I am 25 and a fashion industry professional living in Southern California with my wonderful husband!



A little less than a year ago I was in an unhappy place. I worked long hours, navigated traffic, and arrived home too exhausted to do little more than pour myself a glass of wine and collapse onto the couch. I was stressed out and making unhealthy choices as I struggled to cope with my unbalanced life.

To address my stress level, I was fortunate enough to be able to make a job change and now work for a wonderful company with amazing and talented people. Having restored my mental health, it was time to take a long look in the mirror. I was extremely dissatisfied with what I saw. I was unhappy with my weight, my level of fitness and my overall energy level.

Something had to change.

In October 2010 I started using the livestrong app http://www.livestrong.com/ to track my daily calorie intake, I'm planning ahead and cooking more meals at home, and have been trying new and different ways to work exercise into my routine. To date, I've lost 15lbs and gone from a size 9 to a size 3.

Here I am in May 2010

And here I am now

I would love to share with you as I continue to explore new ways to live an active and healthy life. I also would love to hear your feedback and healthy living tips.

1 comment:

  1. Wow--a blogger--i am impressed that you know how to do that. You are an inspiration, sweetheart--keep it up and hopefully soon we can share out before and after photos.

    ReplyDelete