Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Full Day

I feel like I had a very well-rounded Monday. While some lucky ducks had the day off, I trucked myself to the office.

Fortunately, due to the holiday I got to sleep in a bit and got a short reprieve from the horrors of LA traffic.

I had the usual granola, yogurt and berries for breakfast, followed by some pasta primavera with zucchini, squash, and bell pepper for lunch. And an apple.

Work was super-busy and before I knew it, it was time to hit the highway again and my stomach was starting to growl.

Confession: I could live off of nothing but mexican food. I lovelovelove mexican flavors and sauces! I was craving something warm and spicy so I played around in the kitchen and came up with this burrito bowl.



In the bowl:

-brown rice
-black beans
-jalapeno
-salsa verde
-tomato
-lettuce
-sauteed onion
-sauteed bell pepper
-olives
-pepperjack cheese
-sour cream

It was ooey and gooey and delicious.

After dinner I wanted to get some exercise and unwind so I decided to spend some quality time with Rodney Yee.



I enjoy my at-home yoga videos and the Gaiam brand with Rodney Yee are my favorite. He is very zen and has a soothing voice! I did a series of standing poses and then the "yoga abs" video for a total of 45 mins of yoga.

Feeling invigorated and free of tension I settled in to bed to read Jonathan Franzen's Freedom.

Here's hoping the rest of my week is just as satisfying and productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment