Tuesday, January 25, 2011

8 A Day


I think the mountain air did me some good this weekend because I started the week off feeling positive and full of energy. I powered right through my workday, chatted on the phone with my fam and picked up my husband from work.

I was all ready to keep the momentum going and cook a gourmet dinner.

Unfortunately, I am in serious need of a grocery trip.

So I did some "creative cooking". Specifically, piecing together enough random stuff from my fridge and pantry to make a meal.

I started with a can of Fresh & Easy Organic Black Bean Soup. It had some carrots and tomatoes in it but was not nearly enough for two entree meals. So I dug deep and came up with the following add-ins:

-black beans
-adobo chilis (with sauce)
-jalapeno
-corn
-onion
-a sprinkling of Lawry's taco seasoning

I threw everything in a pot and let it simmer.

Then topped it off with cheese, a dollop of light sour cream and tortilla strips


It turned out really good and was hearty and filling. And SPICY- since I love spicy food I was totally in love with it but it definately had a kick!

The best part about this meal was the fact that it took only about ten minutes from start to finish.

After dinner I went to the sad little gym at my apartment complex.

**Sigh- I cannot WAIT for it to start staying light longer! I miss being able to spend time outside after I get home from work!

However, I had a decent little workout at the gym- 7ish miles on the stationary bike and an arm circuit.

I've been feeling seriously dehydrated over the past couple weeks so I am making a concerted effort this week to drink my 8 glasses of water a day. I like to think that it was a contributing factor to my increased energy level today!


Today's Question: What changes do you notice in your mood and overall level of health based on fluctuations in the amount of water you drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment