Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week In Review

So far Spring is shaping up to be busy for me. Very busy. Which is why I've been MIA. Here is a look at what I've been up to over the past week.

Last Saturday was so beautiful! I went to a morning information session for Team in Training after being so inspired by Tina from Carrots N Cake. One of my New Year's resolutions is to run a half marathon and I am thinking of joining up with Team in Training. I love that they are so motivational and that the run is dedicated to raising money for a wonderful cause. I would love feedback from anyone who has trained with them.


After the meeting my husband and I enjoyed the weather by having lunch on the patio at Katsuya. I had a veggie hand roll. And then I had another! It was delicious and really relaxing way to spend our Saturday!

On Sunday our friends Kelsey and Andrew were down visiting from Berkeley so we met them for the day at Disneyland. The day started out chilly.


 



And then got rainy so I ditched my cute floral sweater for a more weather-resistant ensemble.


Even with the rain we had a great time channeling our inner kid and riding all of the rides! Plus, it was wonderful to see our friends!

This week was really busy at work and my workout schedule definitely suffered. I just could not find my motivation! Instead, I focused on eating some really delicious food to fuel my work week!

I made this Corn, Pepper, Jack Risotto which was hearty and filling with a nice spicy flavor:


I also had the most amazing salad ever at a vegetarian healthy eating restaurant in Orange County.


It was full of romaine lettuce, tomato, corn, carrot, quinoa, tempeh, veggie steak and topped off with papaya vinaigrette. It was a veggie dream and a perfect answer to anyone who is disbelieving that healthy vegetarian fare can be flavorful and filling. I can't wait to go back soon!

Today's Question: How do you keep your workout schedule intact when work gets busy?

2 comments:

  1. As far as your question goes, I'm really working on it! This semester in school I picked up a healthy wellness class that includes an hour of working out. I'm glad I did, it makes it so much easier to fit exercise in.

    I loved your Disney pictures, it looked like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your decision to run a half marathon! It is a truly rewarding experience :) I have found that picking a race with a good cause is much more motivating to me, and signing up early on helps keep me dedicated to my training.

    My schedule can be hectic, but I make working out like a job. I have my training schedule posted and love crossing off each day once I've completed it. I also find extra ways to incorporate exercise into my regular life by taking stairs, walking to do errands, etc. Housework is always great cardio too. I have a few videos for when I am shorter on time, I am a big fan of The Bar Method because they don't take a lot of space and don't involve jumping around.

    ReplyDelete