Saturday, February 12, 2011

When Nature Attacks

This morning I woke up to sunshine and blue sky. I was so excited to get out and enjoy the weather so I headed to the Rose Bowl for a run.


One of the things that I love most about running at the Rose Bowl is the greenery- it is such a lovely setting!


I started out with a lot of energy and optimism but shortly into my run, the wonderful bushes and trees that I enjoy so much became my nemesis! Even though I had taken some allergy medicine before leaving my house, I was having a major attack. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't swallow and I felt like my head was in a vice!

After trying to power through for a mile or so, I gave up and wheezed and walked my way around the rest of the loop.

I was so disappointed to have my allergies interfere with my enjoyment of a beautiful Saturday.

Today's Question: Do you have seasonal allergies? If so, how do you keep them under control when exercising outdoors?

No comments:

Post a Comment