Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Year of the Rabbit

This Saturday was great weather so I started my day by going for a run at the Rose Bowl. After such a tiresome week it felt great to get out and get active again.

After my run, my husband and I decided to try something new. Even though we live less than ten miles away, my husband and I had never spent time in Chinatown.



So we went joined a group of fellow curious Los Angelenos and headed to the Chinese New Year Parade.


We started the day at Empress Pavilion for dim sum. We were dim sum first timers and loved the experiential dining and family style meal. Although, I really don't know exactly what I ate!




Chinatown was full of activity and we had a lot of fun exploring the shops and checking out some peformances.






Then we settled down to watch the parade which was full of dragons, martial arts, and music.








It was really fun to check out a different area of the city and have a new cultural experience.

Sunday was beautiful and sunny so we headed to Santa Monica Beach to get some fresh air and exercise. We walked up and down the bike trail, enjoying the view and working on our tans. Some days I love living in Southern California!




Today's Question: What new cultural experiences have you tried recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment